PivotMan

Default time conversion GMT to Pacific

Hello, I am looking for a way to convert time in excel. I have a colume of
data represeting time in GMT and I want to covnert it to Pacific time...not
an incredibly complex calculation, but I in trying to substract 8 hours from
GMT, I am getting errors.

Any thoughts? Thanks
George Nicholson

Date/time values in excel are based on 1 = 1 day, so 1 hour = 1/24. 8 hours
= 8/24 (or 0.3333...)

HTH,
--
George Nicholson

Remove 'Junk' from return address.

"PivotMan" wrote in message
Hello, I am looking for a way to convert time in excel. I have a colume
of
data represeting time in GMT and I want to covnert it to Pacific
time...not
an incredibly complex calculation, but I in trying to substract 8 hours
from
GMT, I am getting errors.

Any thoughts? Thanks

PivotMan

Thanks, but that still is not working.

Let me be clear

in column A I have a time 12:00:00 AM expressed in GMT

I want a forumulae or function to convert this to read 16:00:00 pm PST

Thanks

"PivotMan" wrote in message
Hello, I am looking for a way to convert time in excel. I have a colume
of
data represeting time in GMT and I want to covnert it to Pacific
time...not
an incredibly complex calculation, but I in trying to substract 8 hours
from
GMT, I am getting errors.

Any thoughts? Thanks

George Nicholson

Formula: = MOD(A1 - (8/24),1)
or
= A1+1-(8/24)

You can format a time to read "4:00 PM PST" (Custom format: hh:mm AM/PM
"PST")
or "16:00 PST" (Custom format: [h]:mm "PST")
but not (AFAIK) "16:00 PM PST" (Excel considers the PM to be redundant when
you're using military time and will reject it as a format.)

HTH,