R.T

Default Custom Colour palette

Hello all,

I work in a company where there is this common excel file with a series of
hyperlinks to other files within our file server. The problem is that when
some users click on the hyperlinks and go back to the document where they
used the hyperlinks the colours of the cells change to a generic gray colour
for no reason whatsoever. They are all using Office 2003 and it happens at
random. The latest patches have been installed and I have created copies of
these files with no luck to test and compare against the original with no
luck. Does anyone have any suggestions.

Thank you

Sincerely,

I hate excel.
Jim Rech

You may have noticed in internet browsers that followed hyperlinks change
color to indicate that you used them. This is the same thing. If you don't
care for this particular color just go to Format, Style and pick the
Followed Hyperlink style. Then pick Modify and on the Font tab select a
color you prefer. Click OK to close the Format Cells dialog. And then
click Add then Close to close the Style dialog. This change applies only to
this workbook.

--
Jim
"R.T" wrote in message
| Hello all,
|
| I work in a company where there is this common excel file with a series of
| hyperlinks to other files within our file server. The problem is that
when
| some users click on the hyperlinks and go back to the document where they
| used the hyperlinks the colours of the cells change to a generic gray
colour
| for no reason whatsoever. They are all using Office 2003 and it happens
at
| random. The latest patches have been installed and I have created copies
of
| these files with no luck to test and compare against the original with no
| luck. Does anyone have any suggestions.
|
| Thank you
|
| Sincerely,
|
| I hate excel.

R.T

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the response, however, my issue is not with font colour but the
actual cell colour changes from the original and that colour change is
reflected when other users access this file. I hope this might clarify the
confusion.

Thank you

"R.T" wrote in message
| Hello all,
|
| I work in a company where there is this common excel file with a series of
| hyperlinks to other files within our file server. The problem is that
when
| some users click on the hyperlinks and go back to the document where they
| used the hyperlinks the colours of the cells change to a generic gray
colour
| for no reason whatsoever. They are all using Office 2003 and it happens
at
| random. The latest patches have been installed and I have created copies
of
| these files with no luck to test and compare against the original with no
| luck. Does anyone have any suggestions.
|
| Thank you
|
| Sincerely,
|
| I hate excel.

Jim Rech

So the cell's border or pattern is changing color when the hyperlink is
clicked? I don't think I've seen that and no idea what would cause it. I'd
ask you to send me a small example file but I'm going away for a few days.

--
Jim
"R.T" wrote in message
| Hi Jim,
|
| Thanks for the response, however, my issue is not with font colour but the
| actual cell colour changes from the original and that colour change is
| reflected when other users access this file. I hope this might clarify
the
| confusion.
|
| Thank you
|
| "Jim Rech" wrote:
|
| You may have noticed in internet browsers that followed hyperlinks
change
| color to indicate that you used them. This is the same thing. If you
don't
| care for this particular color just go to Format, Style and pick the
| Followed Hyperlink style. Then pick Modify and on the Font tab select a
| color you prefer. Click OK to close the Format Cells dialog. And then
| click Add then Close to close the Style dialog. This change applies
only to
| this workbook.
|
| --
| Jim
| "R.T" wrote in message
| | Hello all,
| |
| | I work in a company where there is this common excel file with a
series of
| | hyperlinks to other files within our file server. The problem is that
| when
| | some users click on the hyperlinks and go back to the document where
they
| | used the hyperlinks the colours of the cells change to a generic gray
| colour
| | for no reason whatsoever. They are all using Office 2003 and it
happens
| at
| | random. The latest patches have been installed and I have created
copies
| of
| | these files with no luck to test and compare against the original with
no
| | luck. Does anyone have any suggestions.
| |
| | Thank you