LGW

Default Data applied to specific day of month

I have a list of Sundays in the year. I need to insert a name in next
column. Some people have requested a specific Sunday (ie: First
Sunday). So if column A holds the days, I need a formula to insert the
names in column B based upon the Nth day that it happens to be. Looks
like:

Sunday, January 01, 2006 John Doe

--
LGW
LGW's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28046

Dave O

This formula works by testing each date to see if the date is a Sunday,
and then tests to see if that Sunday's calendar day is less than 8. (8
is the limit because a Sunday that falls on the first, day 1, won't
appear again until day 8. If the first of the month is a Wednesday,
the first Sunday is the 5th of the month; 5 is less than 8.)

=IF(WEEKDAY(A1,1)=1,IF(DAY(A1)<8,"John Doe",""),"")

Ray_Johnson

If the date is in A1, try:

=IF(DAY(A1)<8,"1",IF(DAY(A1)<15,"2",IF(DAY(A1)<22, "3",IF(DAY(A1)<29,"4","5"))))

and replace the "1", etc with the appropriate name.

Fill the dates down in column A and then copy the formulae in column B.

-Ray