Nate

Default Using Variables in Links

I have a multiple worksheet workbook that pulls data in from several other
worksheets in workbooks. Each worksheet in my workbook is consistent in look
and format except for the data it shows - each sheet represents a different
cost center number. I am referencing other files that use the same scheme,
e.g., "'c:\accounting\[workbook]9440'!A1" pulls data from
"'s:\data\[masterfile]9440'!B762".

Is there a way to use variables in the filename/reference? I want to insert
the worksheet name (9440, 9884,3325, etc.) displayed on the tab into the
reference, something akin to "'c:\accounting\[workbook]TABNAME'!A1. This
will make adding sheets very easy since the tab name in my file refers to the
tab name in the external file.

I can't figure out how to do variables in links.