evilsmiley

Default Code to save info to another column?

I've got a sheet, in which column "D" is just numbers, fed real-time by
mulitple other sheets in the same workbook.

Is there a way so that at say 5am every day, it saves what is in column
D to column E. Then the next day, it saves it to F, then G, and so on?

What it is, is an inventory checkout sheet for our bar at work. Each
page is a different type of booze (whiskey, rum, vodka, etc) and they
have a touchscreen on the register comp. So I built a bunch of sheets
with buttons to keep track of all the bottles they get out of the
storage room.

I plan on leaving this sheet open on the comp 24/7 if possible, and
keep track of the bottles that are taken from storage. But at the same
time, I'd need it to clear all the tally boxes for all the entries
(about 100 boxes split up over 6 sheets)

is this possible? if need be, I can post the sheets, I think.. I'm new
to the forums here.

--
evilsmiley
evilsmiley's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28011

Dave Peterson

You could use a macro like this:

Option Explicit
Sub testme()

Dim DestCell As Range
With Worksheets("Sheet1")
Set DestCell = .Cells(1, .Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft).Offset(0, 1)
.Range("d:d").Copy _
Destination:=DestCell
.Range("D:d").ClearContents
End With

End Sub

It actually uses the first open cell in row 1.

To get it run automatically at 5:00 each day, you could look at the tips that
Chip Pearson shares:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/ontime.htm