Erik

Default Excel List Sorting Problem (Descending)

Hi there,

I'm having trouble sorting my list--my column contains *only* 4-digit
numbers but when I click on "descending order", only about the first half of
the rows are arranged this way, before it begins again to arrange the rest in
descending order.

Like this:

5120
5119
5118
4000
3050
5116
4112

etc.

Has this problem happened for anybody else? I'd appreciate any help you can
offer.
Niek Otten

Part of your list is text, although it looks like numbers.
Format an empty cell as number. Enter the number 1. Copy. Select your
"numbers". EditPaste Special, check Multiply.
Sort again.

Niek Otten

"Erik" wrote in message
Hi there,

I'm having trouble sorting my list--my column contains *only* 4-digit
numbers but when I click on "descending order", only about the first half
of
the rows are arranged this way, before it begins again to arrange the rest
in
descending order.

Like this:

5120
5119
5118
4000
3050
5116
4112

etc.

Has this problem happened for anybody else? I'd appreciate any help you
can
offer.

Erik

Hi Niek,

Thanks for the reply. It worked well with the exception of eliminating my
hyperlinks. Is there a way to avoid this?

Cheers,

Erik