JChan

Default Help with collecting data from a spreadsheet

Hi All,

I am hoping someone will be able to help me out here;

I currently have a spreadsheet containing stock that has been sold over
the last year. Column A contains the stock code number, Column B
contains a description of the stock and Column C is the quantity of
stock sold for each transation.

For Example,

Column A Column B Column C
001 Pencil
1
001 Pencil
5
001 Pencil
2
002 Eraser
3
002 Eraser
1
003 Ruler
1
004 Glue Stick
2
004 Glue Stick
1
004 Glue Stick
1
004 Glue Stick
3

I need to add up the quantity of each product sold to get a rough
estimate of how much stock we sold over the last year, (eg, Pencil = 8;
Eraser = 4; Ruler = 1; Glue Stick = 7). At the moment I am scrolling
thru the spreadsheet and autosumming each product to get the total
quantity sold.

Is there a way I can get excel to:
1. at the end of the spreadsheet list each product code & description
2. calculate the total quantities of each product sold?

I dont know if this is possible, but if anyone can help me or has any
suggestions that would be most appreciated.

Kind Regards

Justin

--
JChan
JChan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=23273

ShaunM

Hi Justin

I think the easitest way to do what you are asking is to create a pivot
table (Data Pivot Table and Pivot Chart Report ...) add some coloumn
headings to your list and then just follow the wizard through, Set you
row feilds to column A and Data Items to Column C.

Cheers
Shaun

--
ShaunM