topsquark

Default How do I copy text formatting using a formula?

Yes I know, a similar question appears in the database. My problem is that I
can't use custom formatting. Here's the deal. I want to copy
1s(superscript)1 from one cell to another. But it's a variable entry and
could turn into a longer expression, such as 1s(ss)22s(ss)2sp(ss)3 for
example. (More clearly perhaps, 1s^22s^2sp^3) How do I do this? Thanks!
Dave Peterson

Formulas can't change formatting like this. And even worse, formulas can't be
formatted this way at all--even manually.

You could use an event macro that looks for changes to that cell and copies the
cell to the other location.

Post back with some details if you want to try it and need help.

--

Dave Peterson