bardo

Default how do I put a border around headers?

I have an excdel workbook, containing a number of worksheets. They each have
headers and footers set up, but the headers all need to have a border around
them. Is this possible?
David McRitchie

Hi "bardo",
Not in Excel, but .you might use ...

Preprinted sheets with borders and possible logos, you may
have some difficulty lining things up.
---
HTH,

"bardo" wrote in message ...
I have an excdel workbook, containing a number of worksheets. They each have
headers and footers set up, but the headers all need to have a border around
them. Is this possible?

tkaplan

you can create the header/footer with the border around it as an image.
in excel you can then insert an image as the header.

--
tkaplan
tkaplan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=22987

David McRitchie

You can't put an image into the header until later versions,
and you don't have much control where they print relative
to left and right page margins.

But I wasn't thinking. You can use the top rows of your
spreadsheet as the headers, and draw boxes around what you want.
Would probably only work well if it all fits across one page, you
will have to plan your heading content according to your spreadsheet content.

File, page setup, rows to repeat at top: $1:$4

Headings for Columns, and Page Numbering
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/headcols.htm
---
HTH,

"tkaplan" wrote in message

you can create the header/footer with the border around it as an image.
in excel you can then insert an image as the header.

--
tkaplan
tkaplan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=22987
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=474718

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mato nanjin

This exactly what I need to do because I also need to print a border around
my header. But then I also need to print "Page n of t" available in the
Custom Header options. (Each report is going to be 1 to a max of 4 pages.)

Is the a way to do this in VBA code?

Any help would be appreciated!

"tkaplan" wrote in message

you can create the header/footer with the border around it as an image.
in excel you can then insert an image as the header.

--
tkaplan
tkaplan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=22987
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=474718

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David McRitchie

Why not put the page n of nn outside of the boxed header area
either in the footer or possibly in the actual header.

There are several ways of including the page number that a cell would print on,
but when the page number is to be in the rows to repeat at top, you would have
to start the printing for each sheet and you would use that number used in your loop
for the page number. Possible but not straightforward, if you have separator
sheets on a network printer it would be very wasteful of paper as well.
Some of the include page number cell will print in are in the related area(s) of
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/pathname.htm
for how to print each page individually see Myrna Larson's reply in this thread
http://groups.google.com/groups?thre...wood.u-net.com
---
HTH,