Kat and the Calculator

Default calculator errors

when i enter an equation into a cell such as: =product(a1,b1) into cell c1.
If a1 is 1000 and b1 is .10 than c1 should equal 100, but it equals 102.04.
My calculator is off somehow when i try to multiply. Please help me.
Thank You,
Kat
Barb Reinhardt

I'd take a look at the values in A1 and B1. Are they really 1000 and .10 or
are they 1000.49999 or .10444 (for example)

"Kat and the Calculator"
wrote in message ...
when i enter an equation into a cell such as: =product(a1,b1) into cell
c1.
If a1 is 1000 and b1 is .10 than c1 should equal 100, but it equals
102.04.
My calculator is off somehow when i try to multiply. Please help me.
Thank You,
Kat

B. R.Ramachandran

Maybe B1 actually contains 0.10204 but is formatted to show only two digits
after the decimal point. Format B1 to show more digits to find out.
Also delete the contents of B1 and manually enter 0.10 and see what happens.

Regards,
B. R. Ramachandran

"Kat and the Calculator" wrote:

when i enter an equation into a cell such as: =product(a1,b1) into cell c1.
If a1 is 1000 and b1 is .10 than c1 should equal 100, but it equals 102.04.
My calculator is off somehow when i try to multiply. Please help me.
Thank You,
Kat

Kat and the Calculator

Thank you for your reply, Wow you are all correct, I wasn't paying attention
to that. Now for future reference is the only way to see the true number of
the cell to format it?
I'm so sorry I posted this like three times my internet connection was
cutting out on me and I was impatient and wasn't sure if it worked.
thank you again