Sarah

Default keyboard shortcut for sum

Is there a keyboard shortcut to do a quicksum of the adjacent numbers above
the cell I am in? I would rather not mouse to the quicksum, as it takes my
hands off the keyboard.
Gord Dibben

Sarah

ALT + = then ENTER will do same as the Autosum button.

Only on contiguous data above the insertion point.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Sat, 8 Oct 2005 15:11:06 -0700, "Sarah"
wrote:

Is there a keyboard shortcut to do a quicksum of the adjacent numbers above
the cell I am in? I would rather not mouse to the quicksum, as it takes my
hands off the keyboard.

Gord Dibben

Sarah

HelpAnswer wizardshortcut keys to get a good listing of shortcut keys for
Excel.

Visit David McRitchie's site for a listing of all.

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/shortx2k.htm

For a list of all plus just the ALT + keys Chip Pearson has downloadable
*.ZIPped workbook files on his site.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/ShortCuts.htm

Gord

wrote:

Is there a keyboard shortcut to do a quicksum of the adjacent numbers above
the cell I am in? I would rather not mouse to the quicksum, as it takes my
hands off the keyboard.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

By some reason, "ALT + = then ENTER will do same as the Autosum button." does
not work. I have tries many times, but it does not work.
Do I miss something?
Thanks.

wrote:

Is there a keyboard shortcut to do a quicksum of the adjacent numbers above
the cell I am in? I would rather not mouse to the quicksum, as it takes my
hands off the keyboard.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

What I want to know is................

how did a couple of my posts from October 8, 2005 get mixed up in this thread?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

wrote:

Is there a keyboard shortcut to do a quicksum of the adjacent numbers above
the cell I am in? I would rather not mouse to the quicksum, as it takes my
hands off the keyboard.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This is one of the bad things about multiposting to different newsgroups. It
becomes a pain to check all the other newsgroups for responses.

You can use google to search the *excel* newsgroups and you can limit the seach
to where you're the author:

http://groups.google.co.uk/advanced_...=group:*excel*

wrote:

Is there a keyboard shortcut to do a quicksum of the adjacent numbers above
the cell I am in? I would rather not mouse to the quicksum, as it takes my
hands off the keyboard.

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yes

Looks like HISNA found a thread that Sarah and I had going in October and tagged
onto the same thread.

Gord

On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 16:28:56 -0500, Dave Peterson
wrote:

Same subject???