Alex McKenzie

Default Drop down lists - thanks (and one more query)

Hi all

Thanks for the info on the drop down lists - has worked perfectly

The other thing I want to do is assign a value to the items in the list
For example

If the item selected is "Gold" then I need to assign a value (in a separate
cell)
of 100 - if the item is "British Pound" the value assigned need to be 625

I was going to use Ïf" statements for this but I have way too many items in
the list.

Any suggestions??

Many thanks

Roger Govier

Hi Alex

On another sheet, make a list with Gold, British Pound etc in column A,
and their respective values in column B.
InsertNameDefine in the Name box enter Data,
in the Refers to box type =Sheet2!$A$1:$B$100 where the sheet2 is
replaced by the sheet you have used and the 100 is replaced with the
last row of your table.

Now having got the selection from your drop down, supposing it is in
cell B4 of Sheet1, in cell C4 enter
=VLOOKUP(B4,Data,2,0)

Regards

Roger Govier