jerry

Default summing formula help

I have a column that could produce 1 row of data or 35 rows of data. How can
i consistently sum two fields below last cell with data and have everything
included.

thanks

jerry

Sheet 1
Column p
xyz company 10 000.00
pdq Company 50 00.00

Sheet 2
Rip roaring Company 1.00
doesnt make any sense company 1,0000,000.00
alright arlight i get it company 15,000.00
safety cracker company 1,000.00

I want a formula that will summarize(ideally in the same column as where the
numbers are) on each individual sheet,but be able to continue to continue to
summarize,if there are new companies. added or subtracted

thanks
jerry

"jerry" wrote:

I have a column that could produce 1 row of data or 35 rows of data. How can
i consistently sum two fields below last cell with data and have everything
included.

thanks

Domenic

Assumptions:

On Sheet2...

Column A contains the company name

Column B contains the amounts

On Sheet1...

A2:A3 contains 'xyz company' and 'pdq company'

Formula:

P2, copied down:

=SUMIF(Sheet2!A:A,A2,Sheet2!B:B)

Hope this helps!