SheriTingle

Default hyperlink to word

Thanks for the help. I am using Office 2003. I would like to be able to
hyperlink from a cell in Excel to a specific place in a Word doc. When I use
the hyperlink button and link to the Word doc, then I try to select the
bookmarked location in Word I get an error that it can't make the link
between the two different types of files. The error says something about
parsing. I am able to hyperlink to the Word document but only to the top of
the document.

Any ideas on how to make it go to that specific place inside Word?
Dave Peterson

If you insert a bookmark in your MSWord file:

Both of these worked ok for me:

(Insert|hyperlink style)
C:\MY DOCUMENTS\WORD\MyDoc.DOC#bkmk01
Or
=hyperlink() style:
=hyperlink("C:\MY DOCUMENTS\WORD\MyDoc.DOC#bkmk01")

--

Dave Peterson
Chris Lavender

Hi Sheri

You need to add #bookmarkname to the end of the file name when you insert
the hyperlink, eg. C:\My Documents\Congratulations.doc#Test where Test
is the name of the bookmark.

Best rgds
Chris Lav