orbojeff

Default 2 Columns - Show extra items in Column B

I have 2 Columns A & B
Column B contains all of the data in Column A and then some.
I need a function that will show all of the extra items in Column B.

B. R.Ramachandran

If the data are in A2:A101 and B2:b151, use the following formula in C2, and
fill-in the formula down in Column B.

=IF(ISERROR(MATCH(B2,$A$2:$A$101,0)),"X","")

Or, you could use conditional formatting to shade cells in B that do not
have a match in A. For that, select the entire range in B (i.e., B2:B151),
go to conditional formatting, and use
Formula Is =ISERROR(MATCH($B2,$A$2:A$101,0))
and format to shade the cells.

Regards,
B. R. Ramachandran

"orbojeff" wrote:

I have 2 Columns A & B
Column B contains all of the data in Column A and then some.
I need a function that will show all of the extra items in Column B.

Dave Peterson

Put this in C1
=isnumber(match(b1,a:a,0))
then drag down

Then filter to show only the Falses.

--

Dave Peterson
Norman Jones

Hi Orbojrff,

See Chip Pearson's TaggingDuplicates page at:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplic...gingDuplicates

See particularly, the section entitled:

'Extracting Values On One List And Not Another'

---
Regards,
Norman

oups.com...