darrelly

Default hard coding a cell

Hi all-

I'm not sure if I'm using the correct terminology but if you have a
cell link that says

=A1 and you copy and scroll that down the cells below it will move as
well...i.e.

=B1
=C1 etc, etc.

Now I know that if you put =$A$1 thhe copy will instead put the $A$1
all the way down which is what I want. If I already have a cell with
30 links that don't have the "$" signs and would like to "hard code"
all the forumlas with the dollar sign is there a shortcut for that? I
seem to remember all you had to do was go to the cell and hit some
shortcut keys and excel would do it for you. Can't recall how that was
done though. Thanks!

Darrell

--
darrelly
darrelly's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27899

Dave O

In the formula bar, highlight the cell reference and press F4. Press
it once to apply both anchors; press again for the row anchor; again
for the column anchor, and a fourth time to clear all anchors.

darrelly

Thanks Dave, that's a big help :)