BEEZ

Default Dependant parts list -lookup

Hello trying to find a way to have a row of dependant columns ,where the
first row has a drop down menu with a list of parts like a lamp body, then
the next cell over shows a list which would change depending on the first
selection. until a whole part # is created from all the indiviual pieces.
That then would return in a different cell a
quantity of available for sale and a price specific to that unique part #. I
already have a sheet that has the quantities and pricing.
Otto Moehrbach

Having one Data Validation cell display a list that is dependent on the
selection made in another Data Validation cell can be done without VBA.
However, you can do this for only one list that is dependent on the
selection in another list.
From what you say, I gather that you want to have more than one list
dependent on another. You want a chain of them. Is that correct?
If so, you will need VBA.
Post back and clarify the number of dependencies you need. HTH Otto
"BEEZ" wrote in message
Hello trying to find a way to have a row of dependant columns ,where the
first row has a drop down menu with a list of parts like a lamp body, then
the next cell over shows a list which would change depending on the first
selection. until a whole part # is created from all the indiviual pieces.
That then would return in a different cell a
quantity of available for sale and a price specific to that unique part #.
already have a sheet that has the quantities and pricing.

BEEZ

Correct I would like to be able to do at least 4 or more
Example:
Fixture Type Wattage Type of reflector Color QTY
Price
Outdoor wall 150 W Aluminum Bronze 32
$ 100.00

Then kind of like a V-lookup function on the sum of the parts
"Outdoor wall 150W Aluminum Bronze " vlookup = 32
vlookup=$100.00
"Otto Moehrbach" wrote:

Having one Data Validation cell display a list that is dependent on the
selection made in another Data Validation cell can be done without VBA.
However, you can do this for only one list that is dependent on the
selection in another list.
From what you say, I gather that you want to have more than one list
"BEEZ" wrote in message
Hello trying to find a way to have a row of dependant columns ,where the
first row has a drop down menu with a list of parts like a lamp body, then
the next cell over shows a list which would change depending on the first
selection. until a whole part # is created from all the indiviual pieces.
That then would return in a different cell a
quantity of available for sale and a price specific to that unique part #.
already have a sheet that has the quantities and pricing.

Otto Moehrbach

BEEZ
I can help you set this up but I'll need the lists from you and the
layout of what you want. If you wish, send me direct via email a small file
showing all the lists and clearly showing the dependencies between the
lists. Also include the database that you want searched to arrive at the
quantity on hand and the price.
Finally, include a detailed step-by-step procedure of how you would do
this if you were doing it manually. Remember that you're the only one of
the two of us that knows what you want. Also tell me the version of Excel
that you are using. My email address is . Remove the

"Otto Moehrbach" wrote:

Having one Data Validation cell display a list that is dependent on the
selection made in another Data Validation cell can be done without VBA.
However, you can do this for only one list that is dependent on the
selection in another list.
From what you say, I gather that you want to have more than one list
"BEEZ" wrote in message
Hello trying to find a way to have a row of dependant columns ,where
the
first row has a drop down menu with a list of parts like a lamp body,
then
the next cell over shows a list which would change depending on the
first
selection. until a whole part # is created from all the indiviual
pieces.
That then would return in a different cell a
quantity of available for sale and a price specific to that unique part
#.
already have a sheet that has the quantities and pricing.