Stephen Howe

Default On deletion of rows

Hi

Say I open a spreadsheet up that has 2000 rows, 3 columns

I delete rows 100-1900 (not clear them, they really are deleted). So 200
rows left

I would expect the keystroke "Ctrl-End" to take me to cell 200C.
It does not. Instead I end up on cell 2000C.
Somehow, Excel has retained the knowledge of the old position and not
updated itself to the new end position.How do I get Excel to update its
knowledge of the bottom-rightmost cell?

Using Excel 2000, 9.0.4402, SR-1

Thanks

Stephen Howe

Ken Wright

Delete all rows/columns below and to the right of your data - then save the
file, close and reopen.

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03