siriusone

Default Omniform 5 Help

I'm exporting data from omniform 5 to excel. I can get it to work fine
except that it also imports a comma at the begining of all the data it
imports. I've tried to format the whole column to a date, number,
currency etc. but it didn't take the comma away. Any suggestions?

--
siriusone
siriusone's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27921

swatsp0p

siriusone Wrote:
I'm exporting data from omniform 5 to excel. I can get it to work fine
except that it also imports a comma at the begining of all the data it
imports. I've tried to format the whole column to a date, number,
currency etc. but it didn't take the comma away. Any suggestions?

Maybe someone familiar with Omniform will have a better answer to
prevent the comma from being imported, but until then, you can use
Text-to-Columns to remove the comma. (Save your file before doing this
in case of undesired results....)

Highlight your column of data, click DataText to Columns.. and choose
Delimited and click Next check the box for Comma as the delimiter and
click Next if the first column in the data preview is blank (it should
be blank and be highlighted) select "Do not Import column (skip)", set
the Destination to the first cell in your highlighted column and click
finish.

Does this work for you?

--
swatsp0p

swatsp0p's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=15101
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=474180

Myrna Larson

If this is the only comma in the cell, you should be able to use Search and
Replace to replace the comma with nothing.