Anthony

Default USA DTAE settings !

Hi,

I want to display the UK date in cell A1 of my worksheet, I simply type this
formula into the cell...

=TODAY()

but no matter what I do , be it change the settings / display of that cell ,
I can't get it to be displayed as a UK date it always reverts to US !!!!
Any help??
David Billigmeier

I'm not quite sure how a UK date is formatted, can you give an example?

Basically you can format a date whichever way you'd like by going
Format-Cells-'Number' Tab-Custom, and inputting the format using 'y' for
year, 'm' for month and 'd' for day. So if you wanted a date formatted 2005,
Jan 12 you would type:

yyyy, mmm d

Does that help?

Dave

"Anthony" wrote:

Hi,

I want to display the UK date in cell A1 of my worksheet, I simply type this
formula into the cell...

=TODAY()

but no matter what I do , be it change the settings / display of that cell ,
I can't get it to be displayed as a UK date it always reverts to US !!!!
Any help??

Anthony

Didn't work guys,
Problem I have is 'somewhere' withing the VBA I have in my workbook, it is
making all my dates default to the US version.
As I said If I simply type =TODAY() in any cell the reply shown is 07/10/05,
which is the US version, even if I then try and format this into the UK
version as shown bu you it still defaults to the US.....
aaaaaarrrrgggghhhh !!!!

"Anthony" wrote:

Hi,

I want to display the UK date in cell A1 of my worksheet, I simply type this
formula into the cell...

=TODAY()

but no matter what I do , be it change the settings / display of that cell ,
I can't get it to be displayed as a UK date it always reverts to US !!!!
Any help??

Roger Govier

Hi Anthony

07/10/05 is the UK version of date not the US. The US would be 10/07/05.

If you are wanting to show 07 October 2005, then
FormatCellsNumberCustom and select dd mmm yyyy

Alternatively, in a cell type =TEXT(TODAY(),"dd mmmm yyyy")

Regards

Roger Govier