Default Pivot Table: How can I organize data items in a row?

Hi,

I am trying to build a pivot table which has categories only in row
fields but not in column fields. Instead, the data items should be
organized in columns instead of rows.

For example, this is what I have now with two data items (habitants and
location):

inhabitants
Country location
---------------------------
USA 240
America
Britain 60
Europe
Japan 120
Asia

But I want this:

Country inhabitants location
-------------------------------------
USA 240 America
Britain 60 Europe
Japan 120 Asia

I can't find a way to organize the data items in a row next to each
other instead of below of each other.

Any idea? Thank you.

Jenny

Sandyc

Select the relevant data field in your pivot table, right click, "field
settings", "layout", and click "show items in tabular form".

Alternative click on the pivot table and select from the menu; format,
autoformat, then select from the pre-prepared layouts available.

Sandy.