Span

Default Remove Spacing In A Cell

I am trying to eliminate spacing for a upc in a cell. For a example:
0 11111 22222 3
011111222223

I have tried Clean, Trim, & Substitute.

Anyone have any answers or Ideas?

Thanks,

Stefi

For me
A1: 0 11111 22222 3
=SUBSTITUTE(A1," ","")
worked, returned
A1: 011111222223

Regards,
Stefi

€žSpan€ť ezt Ă*rta:

I am trying to eliminate spacing for a upc in a cell. For a example:
0 11111 22222 3
011111222223

I have tried Clean, Trim, & Substitute.

Anyone have any answers or Ideas?

Thanks,

Norman Jones

Hi Steffi,

For me
A1: 0 11111 22222 3
=SUBSTITUTE(A1," ","")
worked, returned
A1: 011111222223

That depends on the nature of the space.Given that Span said:

I have tried Clean, Trim, & Substitute.

It would appear possible that the spaces in question are the HTML
non-breaking space character (ASCII code 160).

See the link that I provided in my response to Span. See particularly David
McRitchie's TrimAll Macro and the accompanying notes thereto.

---
Regards,
Norman

"Stefi" wrote in message
For me
A1: 0 11111 22222 3
=SUBSTITUTE(A1," ","")
worked, returned
A1: 011111222223

Regards,
Stefi

"Span" ezt írta:

I am trying to eliminate spacing for a upc in a cell. For a example:
0 11111 22222 3
011111222223

I have tried Clean, Trim, & Substitute.

Anyone have any answers or Ideas?

Thanks,

Stefi

Thanks Norman,

I see the point now.

Regards,
Stefi

€žNorman Jones€ť ezt Ă*rta:

Hi Steffi,

For me
A1: 0 11111 22222 3
=SUBSTITUTE(A1," ","")
worked, returned
A1: 011111222223

That depends on the nature of the space.Given that Span said:

I have tried Clean, Trim, & Substitute.

It would appear possible that the spaces in question are the HTML
non-breaking space character (ASCII code 160).

See the link that I provided in my response to Span. See particularly David
McRitchie's TrimAll Macro and the accompanying notes thereto.

---
Regards,
Norman

"Stefi" wrote in message