Joe

Default Buttons and macros?

I have no idea where to start learning VBA and macros and stuff, but
hopefully someone can help me write something up for what I want to do.

A B C
Item 1 |___| [button]

Descriptor in Column A, empty cell in Column B, and a button in column C.
I'm hoping theres a way to make it so that every time the button is clicked,
the number in the empty cell in coulmnB increases by 1, just a simple tally
for every time the button is clicked.

I plan on populating a sheet with multiples of this setup, so if theres an
easy way to do this, please help.

L. Howard Kittle

Hi Joe,

Sub TallyHo()
Range("B1").Value = Range("B1").Value + 1
End Sub

HTH
Regards,
Howard

"Joe" wrote in message
I have no idea where to start learning VBA and macros and stuff, but
hopefully someone can help me write something up for what I want to do.

A B C
Item 1 |___| [button]

Descriptor in Column A, empty cell in Column B, and a button in column C.
I'm hoping theres a way to make it so that every time the button is
clicked, the number in the empty cell in coulmnB increases by 1, just a
simple tally for every time the button is clicked.

I plan on populating a sheet with multiples of this setup, so if theres an
easy way to do this, please help.

pinmaster

How about something like this:

Sub Button1_Click()
Range("B1").Value = Range("B1").Value + 1
End Sub

I'm not an expert, just trying to help!

Regards
JG