Joe

try

=IF(formula=0, [spacebar], formula)

and by [spacebar], I mean just leave it empty

"samerry" wrote in message
I have copied a formula down several rows for future data to be entered and
calculated. In the formula column it shows "0". I would like for the "0"
not
to show. Does anyone know how to make the "0" go away without deleting the
formula. Data will later be entered in the appropriate rows and need to be
calculated at the appropriate time.

PCLIVE

You could also use Joe's formula, but I believe you'll need to use a two
double quotes instead of a space.

=IF(formula=0,"",formula)

"samerry" wrote in message
I have copied a formula down several rows for future data to be entered
and
calculated. In the formula column it shows "0". I would like for the "0"
not
to show. Does anyone know how to make the "0" go away without deleting
the
formula. Data will later be entered in the appropriate rows and need to
be
calculated at the appropriate time.

PCLIVE

Yes,

Example:

=IF(SUM(A1:A3)=0,"",SUM(A1:A3))

This basically states that if your formula results "0", then the cell
remains blank, otherwise display the results of your formula.

Paul

"samerry" wrote in message
I have copied a formula down several rows for future data to be entered
and
calculated. In the formula column it shows "0". I would like for the
"0"
not
to show. Does anyone know how to make the "0" go away without deleting
the
formula. Data will later be entered in the appropriate rows and need
be
calculated at the appropriate time.

Sloth

Also Custom format works like this...

Postive numbers;Negative Numbers;Zero

So if you want it to show decimal points, then you would need something like
this as a custom format...

If you are dealing with whole numbers, this isn't necessary and # by itself
will be appropiate.