mlu

Default why is an apostrophe in front of text

After entering a text in a cell or in the function field, when i go back in
the cell an apostrophe apear in front of the text.

How can i correct this?

Thank you

Dave Peterson

Try:
Tools|Options|transition tab
Uncheck "transition navigation keys"

I've unchecked all those Lotus 123 transition settings. If you need them, don't
do it. But if you're like most excel users, I'd uncheck them.

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

Well, no more _visible_ apostrophe <vbg.

mlu wrote:

Thank you Dave,

It work, no more apostrophe!!!

mlu wrote:

After entering a text in a cell or in the function field, when i go back in
the cell an apostrophe apear in front of the text.

How can i correct this?

Thank you

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson
Gord Dibben

Go to ToolsOptionsTransition tab and uncheck any Lotus checkboxes.

Specifically "transition navigation keys".

I bet you are getting other strange things happening also.

Like hit Tab key and the whole sheet moves.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Thu, 6 Oct 2005 11:03:10 -0700, mlu wrote:

After entering a text in a cell or in the function field, when i go back in
the cell an apostrophe apear in front of the text.

How can i correct this?

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jentothephils

what's the deal if none of the boxes are checked (and I still have the
apostrophe)? please advise.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Well, no more _visible_ apostrophe <vbg.

mlu wrote:

Thank you Dave,

It work, no more apostrophe!!!

mlu wrote:

After entering a text in a cell or in the function field, when i go back in
the cell an apostrophe apear in front of the text.

How can i correct this?

Thank you

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Checking the "transition navigation keys" only allows you to see that
apostrophe.

It doesn't clean any visible (or invisible) apostrophe.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Well, no more _visible_ apostrophe <vbg.

mlu wrote:

Thank you Dave,

It work, no more apostrophe!!!