Big Rick

Default Wildcard In Condtional Formatting.

Hello, Good Evening & Welcome

I have over 300 cells that can begin with any one of 3 letters. The rest of
the cells can be anying.
I am trying to conditionally format them so that each letter has its own
colour.
In the condtions box, I am selecting "formula is" and entering ="F*", but it
is not working.
Is this right or wrong. Can you actually have wildcards in CF.

Thanking you in anticipation.
--
Big Rick

Dave O

Using the "formula is" I got results using this formula:
=LEFT(B3,1)="F"

....where B3 is the cell in question. Or, you could enter all three
letters like this:
=OR(LEFT(B3,1)="F",LEFT(B3,1)="G",LEFT(B3,1)="H")