petros89

Default Way of making an object with a greater number be given a point....

Hi, I'm trying to produce a Sports League Table on Excel. Is there any
way that I can make Excel recognise that when a team scores more goals,
they are automatically given a win in the league table? For example, if
i have Team A 5 - 0 Team B, how do I make excel give 1 win to team A in
the league table? Please help me as i need it for my school work asap.
Thanks, it will be much appreciated.

--
petros89
petros89's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24645

Marvin P. Winterbottom

the =IF formula will do it- =IF(A1B1,1,0) with team A score in A1 and team
B score in B1, in the win column for team B, =if(B1A1,1,0) and if there is a
tie, neither team will get a 1.

"petros89" wrote:

Hi, I'm trying to produce a Sports League Table on Excel. Is there any
way that I can make Excel recognise that when a team scores more goals,
they are automatically given a win in the league table? For example, if
i have Team A 5 - 0 Team B, how do I make excel give 1 win to team A in
the league table? Please help me as i need it for my school work asap.
Thanks, it will be much appreciated.

--
petros89
petros89's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24645
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=473344

petros89

Thanks for th IF formula. Although, how would I make it work if, for
example i had 10 matches for team A versus team B?

--
petros89
petros89's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24645
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=473344

petros89

I've tried adding 2 IF formulas in the same cell, but it doesn't work..
PLEASE help me as i need this for my ICT coursework...thanks in advance