Renn

Default cannot access excel spreadsheet

I have a received an excell spreadsheet attachment which I have saved in my
documents but try to open it and nothing happens. what do I do to open it
successfully? I am using micsrosoft windows XP No technical terms please as
I am very new to computing
Otto Moehrbach

Do you have Excel installed? In order to open an Excel workbook (file) you
must have the Excel program installed on your computer. Excel is not a part
of WindowsXP and you cannot download it for free from anywhere.
There is a free Excel viewer with which you can view the contents of the
file. You can download it at this site:
http://office.microsoft.com/download.../xlviewer.aspx

HTH Otto
"Renn" wrote in message
I have a received an excell spreadsheet attachment which I have saved in
my

documents but try to open it and nothing happens. what do I do to open
it
successfully? I am using micsrosoft windows XP No technical terms please
as
I am very new to computing

Dave Peterson

If you open the file and click file|print preview, do you see anything?

If yes, then the visible window could be just off the screen.

Try window|arrange|tiled
and you can adjust that window the way you want.

--

Dave Peterson