trixma

Default data table problem

I have created a data table that looks like something below and the
column input cell links to a cell with 8.25%

*1,183.57 91,042.82*
7.50% 1,183.57 91,042.82
8.25% 1,183.57 91,042.82
8.00% 1,183.57 91,042.82

As you can see the table is the same and this is wrong. I have done
this over and over again with the same result. Can someone tell me what
I did wrong. The colums below the bold heading should be different to
the headings and I dont know what I did wrong thanks for your help
Trixma.

--
trixma
trixma's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25702

Max

For a start, let's try excluding calc mode as a factor

Try pressing F9, does the table now compute properly ?

Calc mode may have been set to either "Manual" or "Automatic except tables"
(Not unusual for data tables, as these could become very calc-intensive)

To check/change calc mode options :
Click Tools Options Calculation tab
Select as desired and OK out

If the above isn't it, I could take a look at your set-up if you like.
You could email a copy of your file to:
demechanik <at yahoo <dot com

Either way, please post a response here to let me know the outcome ..
--
Rgds
Max

I have created a data table that looks like something below and the
column input cell links to a cell with 8.25%

*1,183.57 91,042.82*
7.50% 1,183.57 91,042.82
8.25% 1,183.57 91,042.82
8.00% 1,183.57 91,042.82
..

As you can see the table is the same and this is wrong. I have done
this over and over again with the same result. Can someone tell me what
I did wrong. The colums below the bold heading should be different to
the headings and I dont know what I did wrong thanks for your help
Trixma.

--
trixma
trixma's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=473214

Biff

Hi!

Looks like your formulas may be using absolute referencing when they should
be using relative referencing.

You need to provide more detail.

Biff

"trixma" wrote in
message ...

I have created a data table that looks like something below and the
column input cell links to a cell with 8.25%

*1,183.57 91,042.82*
7.50% 1,183.57 91,042.82
8.25% 1,183.57 91,042.82
8.00% 1,183.57 91,042.82
..

As you can see the table is the same and this is wrong. I have done
this over and over again with the same result. Can someone tell me what
I did wrong. The colums below the bold heading should be different to
the headings and I dont know what I did wrong thanks for your help
Trixma.

--
trixma
trixma's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=473214

Max

Looks like your formulas may be using absolute referencing
when they should be using relative referencing.

My reading was that the OP's using the Data Table functionality, in which
case I think it doesn't matter whether the column input cell (within the
Table dialog), say: E1, is entered as absolute or relative. When we OK out
of the dialog, it'll always appear as relative, e.g.: {=TABLE(,E1)}
--
Rgds
Max
Singapore, GMT+8
xdemechanik
http://savefile.com/projects/236895

Max

It wasn't the calc mode, but the placement of the data table
which was the problem. The data table needs to be set-up
on the same sheet as the input cells, etc.
Response given to OP:

Think the data table needs to be set-up on the same
sheet as the input cells, etc. Pl see attached, where
with all the parts placed together in the "Formulas"
sheet cols Q to Z, it's working fine. Note that there
was also a correction made to the col input cell
(think you pointed it wrongly to Input!B30, when it
should be Input!B29).

--- Trixma - wrote:

I tried doing what you said, but it still doesn't
work. I have enclosed the
file. The table is on the output page.
Thanks for your help
Trixma

--
Rgds
Max
Singapore, GMT+8
xdemechanik
http://savefile.com/projects/236895

trixma

I have another problem that max could not fix.

I have a datatable like below

Code:
--------------------

12000 13000 -NPV
1% blah blah
2% blah blah

The 12000 and 13000 are NPV and are linked to the RRR figure on the
sheet, but i have the datatable linking to inflation causing the same
as the total to be displayed ie. for 1% 12000 and 13000 are
displayed.

Both inflation and RRR are on the same sheet. If i have the NPV and
datatable pointing to either inflation or RRR they both work. I cant do
this as i have inflation of 0% and RRR of 10%

Does anyone know how to fix this?