Nic

Default Formula Question

I am working on a excel sheet that was designed by someone else. One
formaula currently pulls all hours charged against a department. I would
like it to list only hours charged for the current month.

The formaula currently looks like this
=SUMIF(Register!X:X,"APPROVED",Register!L:L)+SUMIF (Register!X:X,"PENDING",Register!L:L)

I type the date into cell U2 (eg 01/09/05). On the Register sheet column W
contains the date the document was approved or pending. I want this formula
to only pull the hours corresponding to the month I type in on cell U2.

Any assistance is much appreciated.

Nic