MLoftusNYC

Default Styles in Excel

Hello:

People in my company often send me their problematic Excel workbooks.
Lately, I've been seeing a number of workbooks that have thousands of styles.
I have some VBA code that loops through the styles collection and deletes
anything that's not in use. However, often times quite a few of the styles
cannot be deleted. I notice that these often have the name "Nor" and cannot
be deleted through code or manually in the user interface. Does anyone know
how this situation occurs? Does anyone know how to delete these?

Thanks!
Charles Williams

Possibly corrupt or built-in styles?

If all else fails you could try round-tripping via xhtml.

Charles
Decision Models
FastExcel 2.1 now available
www.DecisionModels.com