Steve

Default Excel cell problem

I have a workbook I have created (I am a novice), which for some reason, when
I want to add or delete a cell in ANY column, I no longer have the option to
shift cells up or down, it will only allow me to shift the entire row up or
down. Anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong here? I have some formulas
set up to keep counts for me, nothing real special. Thanks in advance.
--
Thanks Steve
Dave Peterson

Have you applied Data|filter to that worksheet?

Try data|filter|show all
(to see everything)

then try it out.

Steve wrote:

I have a workbook I have created (I am a novice), which for some reason, when
I want to add or delete a cell in ANY column, I no longer have the option to
shift cells up or down, it will only allow me to shift the entire row up or
down. Anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong here? I have some formulas
set up to keep counts for me, nothing real special. Thanks in advance.
--
Thanks Steve

--

Dave Peterson
Steve

Hi Dave,

Show all is grayed out. I tryed it highlighting the worksheet and just one
column, both of which have "show all" grayed out. Any other options you can
think of?
--
Thanks Steve

Steve wrote:

I have a workbook I have created (I am a novice), which for some reason, when
I want to add or delete a cell in ANY column, I no longer have the option to
shift cells up or down, it will only allow me to shift the entire row up or
down. Anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong here? I have some formulas
set up to keep counts for me, nothing real special. Thanks in advance.
--
Thanks Steve

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

Is the worksheet protected?

If you're using xl2002+, the worksheet can be protected, but still allow the
users to delete/insert rows or columns.

Tools|Protection
If you see "Unprotect sheet"

Then maybe that's it!