ldd

Default Finding all instances of an ink color

I am ordering printing inks for my company. I am trying to set up a form
that will lookup all the same colors. For instance we might have 4
different 185C red inks for different substrates and each of the colors
could come from different vendors. This would give me up to 12
different 185C reds on my ink list. What I would like is a form that
would pull up each of the 12 different 185C's and its related info.
(Formula number, vendor, and price). I have tried vlookup but it only
finds the first instance of 185C red. Does anyone have any other
ideas?? Thanks in advance.

--
ldd
ldd's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=19157

Gary''s Student

The simplest approach (involving no programming at all) is to use autofilter.
Pull down:

Data Filter Autofilter

You can now select 185C and see all the records for that color. You can do
the same for any other color number.

Have a good day
--
Gary''s Student