Jake

Default Prompt to save on closing

Hi,
When I open an Excel file and close it, without making any changes, it
always prompts to save. There are no links in the file and no code either;
nothing I can find that causes this.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Jake

Ron de Bruin

Maybe you have Volatile functions like

AREAS()
OFFSET()
CELL()
INDIRECT()
ROWS()
COLUMNS()
NOW()
TODAY()
RAND()

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Jake" wrote in message .. .
Hi,
When I open an Excel file and close it, without making any changes, it always prompts to save. There are no links in the file and
no code either; nothing I can find that causes this.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Jake

Ron de Bruin

Maybe

Dave Peterson posted this :

Excel likes to recalculate workbooks created in earlier versions. Is this
the case in your situation?

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Jake" wrote in message .. .
Hi,
When I open an Excel file and close it, without making any changes, it always prompts to save. There are no links in the file
and no code either; nothing I can find that causes this.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Jake

Ron de Bruin

Hi Jake

If you want you can send me the workbook (private)
I will look at it for you then

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Jake" wrote in message .. .
Hi,
When I open an Excel file and close it, without making any changes, it always prompts to save. There are no links in the file
and no code either; nothing I can find that causes this.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Jake

Ron de Bruin

Hi all

There are comboboxes on the sheet with a linkedcell and a listfillrange.
That is the reason why it always prompts to save.

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl