Heather via OfficeKB.com

Default Upcoming expiry date warnings that turn cell contents red

Hi
I have a spreadsheet with people's certificates (eg. CPR) with the date the
cerficiate expires. I want to be able to open the spreadsheet at any time
and have anyone whose certificate is one month from expiring, be red (I want
the whole cell to turn red.) I've tried conditional formatting but can't
seem to get it. Any help would be greately appreciated!!

Thanks:)

Heather

--
Heather
Trevor Shuttleworth

Heather

assuming a header row and that the dates are in column A, then something
like:

Conditional Formatting Formula is: =TODAY()$A2+30

Copied to all the cells you want to turn red

Regards

Trevor

"Heather via OfficeKB.com" <u14448@uwe wrote in message
Hi
I have a spreadsheet with people's certificates (eg. CPR) with the date
the
cerficiate expires. I want to be able to open the spreadsheet at any time
and have anyone whose certificate is one month from expiring, be red (I
want
the whole cell to turn red.) I've tried conditional formatting but can't
seem to get it. Any help would be greately appreciated!!

Thanks:)

Heather

--
Heather

dominicb

Good evening Heather

What I think you need to do is set up a cell somewhere with todays date
(=NOW() will always update to todays date when you open the
spreadsheet). In my example, cell E4 contains todays date, D4 the
expiry date. Go to Format Conditional Formatting and select Formula
Is and enter this formula :
=(E4-D4)<30
and then set up the cell / font colour etc and click OK.

HTH

DominicB

--
dominicb