Susie Q

Default I want to sort Data A-Z starting at Cell A1 to C34

I have a block of data in three columns A, B, C.
I want to be able to sort all the cell data individual by each cell,
starting at A1 working across to C1, then to A2 to C2, then A3 to C3
continuing downwards, so that when you viewing the data, it reads across the
rows in a continous flow from A-Z like this:

0-9
abc
def
ghi
jkl
mno
pqr
stu
vwx
yz

Can somebody tell me how to do this, I have tried all the ranges offfered by
Excel, but nothing seems to work. All data is formatted to Text.
Thank you,
Sue
Myrna Larson

Let's say the original data is in cells A1:C30. Do you want all of the data in
a single column, i.e. D1:D90, or do you want it in the same range, A1:C30?

In either case, you can't use the SMALL function with text data, so you need a
macro. I posted code for the latter arrangement (i.e. sort in-place) this
several years ago, but AIR, it was for either numeric data or dates. It would
have to be modified for text. You can find that code on Google -- search the
microsoft.public.excel.* newsgroups for sortinplace, author Myrna Larson.