Ragnar Midtskogen

Default Marking rows

Hello,

We have an Excel spreadsheet which will be used to present data to operators
who will manually copy and paste data into data entry forms. (The processing
is just too complicated to be easily automated)

Each sheet will have a column used byt the operators to mark rows as
processed. I could just have the operators type a letter. Is there a simpler
way to accomplish this?
In a VB form I would use a checkbox.

Any help will be appreciated.

Ragnar

Jim Cone

Ragnar,

It is not any simpler, but it may look better...
Change the column character set to Marlett and have
the operators enter "n" (also try... a, b, h, i ).

Regards,
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Ragnar Midtskogen"
wrote in message

Hello,
We have an Excel spreadsheet which will be used to present data to operators
who will manually copy and paste data into data entry forms. (The processing
is just too complicated to be easily automated)
Each sheet will have a column used by the operators to mark rows as
processed. I could just have the operators type a letter. Is there a simpler
way to accomplish this?
In a VB form I would use a checkbox.
Any help will be appreciated.
Ragnar

Ragnar Midtskogen

Thanks Jim,

That's neat!
I will just tell them to enter an a, a b or an r.
When I scan I can just look for a character or a blank.

Ragnar

wrote in message

Hello,
We have an Excel spreadsheet which will be used to present data to
operators
who will manually copy and paste data into data entry forms. (The
processing
is just too complicated to be easily automated)
Each sheet will have a column used by the operators to mark rows as
processed. I could just have the operators type a letter. Is there a
simpler
way to accomplish this?
In a VB form I would use a checkbox.
Any help will be appreciated.
Ragnar

widman

you can also used conditional formatting so blank cells are yellow or some
other color. once there is something in the cell it turns white again. I
use this a lot so people don't forget cells that need data.