-   -   WHY DO I HAVE TO CLICK ON THE CELL & ENTER FOR THE VLOOKUP TOWORK (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/47715-why-do-i-have-click-cell-enter-vlookup-towork.html)

Half Manx

WHY DO I HAVE TO CLICK ON THE CELL & ENTER FOR THE VLOOKUP TOWORK

I have set a VLOOKUP formula to match account numbers. How ever I have to
click double click on the cell before the formula recognises the account
number. I have to do this for each cell. I have tried different formats. It
is not saving me that much time.

ScottO

It sounds like you have Calculation set to Manual. If you set it to
Automatic, it should work OK. (Go to Tools/Options/Calculation).
Rgds,
ScottO

"Half Manx" <Half wrote in message
| I have set a VLOOKUP formula to match account numbers. How ever I
have to
| click double click on the cell before the formula recognises the
account
| number. I have to do this for each cell. I have tried different
formats. It
| is not saving me that much time.

Half Manx

The calculation is set to automatic and the cell format is 'number'. I have
even tried 'F9' calc now, but that doesn't work either. I'm puzzled?

"ScottO" wrote:

It sounds like you have Calculation set to Manual. If you set it to
Automatic, it should work OK. (Go to Tools/Options/Calculation).
Rgds,
ScottO

"Half Manx" <Half wrote in message
| I have set a VLOOKUP formula to match account numbers. How ever I
have to
| click double click on the cell before the formula recognises the
account
| number. I have to do this for each cell. I have tried different
formats. It
| is not saving me that much time.

Ragdyer

Try this:

Select a "bad" formula, then:
<Edit <Replace
In the "Find What" box, enter
=
In the "Replace With" box, enter
=
Then hit <Replace.

Does that work?
--
HTH,

RD

"ScottO" wrote:

It sounds like you have Calculation set to Manual. If you set it to
Automatic, it should work OK. (Go to Tools/Options/Calculation).
Rgds,
ScottO

"Half Manx" <Half wrote in message
| I have set a VLOOKUP formula to match account numbers. How ever I
have to
| click double click on the cell before the formula recognises the
account
| number. I have to do this for each cell. I have tried different
formats. It
| is not saving me that much time.

Half Manx

What a star, it didn't work on the formula but I did it with a number '1'
(find & replace) and this fixed the error.

Thanks very much.

"Ragdyer" wrote:

Try this:

Select a "bad" formula, then: