Half Manx

Default WHY DO I HAVE TO CLICK ON THE CELL & ENTER FOR THE VLOOKUP TOWORK

I have set a VLOOKUP formula to match account numbers. How ever I have to
click double click on the cell before the formula recognises the account
number. I have to do this for each cell. I have tried different formats. It
is not saving me that much time.
Half Manx

The calculation is set to automatic and the cell format is 'number'. I have
even tried 'F9' calc now, but that doesn't work either. I'm puzzled?

"ScottO" wrote:

It sounds like you have Calculation set to Manual. If you set it to
Automatic, it should work OK. (Go to Tools/Options/Calculation).
Rgds,
ScottO

"Half Manx" <Half wrote in message
| I have set a VLOOKUP formula to match account numbers. How ever I
have to
| click double click on the cell before the formula recognises the
account
| number. I have to do this for each cell. I have tried different
formats. It
| is not saving me that much time.

Ragdyer

Try this:

Select a "bad" formula, then:
<Edit <Replace
In the "Find What" box, enter
=
In the "Replace With" box, enter
=
Then hit <Replace.

Does that work?
--
HTH,

RD

"ScottO" wrote:

It sounds like you have Calculation set to Manual. If you set it to
Automatic, it should work OK. (Go to Tools/Options/Calculation).
Rgds,
ScottO

"Half Manx" <Half wrote in message
| I have set a VLOOKUP formula to match account numbers. How ever I
have to
| click double click on the cell before the formula recognises the
account
| number. I have to do this for each cell. I have tried different
formats. It
| is not saving me that much time.

Half Manx

What a star, it didn't work on the formula but I did it with a number '1'
(find & replace) and this fixed the error.

Thanks very much.

"Ragdyer" wrote:

Try this:

Select a "bad" formula, then: