DaveCPA

Default can custom autofilter pull parameters from other data?

I have a workbook that uses a pivot table to pull in data that includes dates
as one of the fields. I would like to be able to have the pivot table only
show a range of dates from the source data...preferably without using the
pivot field check boxes and without sorting and deleting source data. Can I
set up a macro that creates a custom autofilter in the pivot source data
"date" field and pulls the parameter date ranges desired from cells in a
different sheet? This way I can enter the date ranges i want in two
predetermined cells, run the macro, and refresh the pivot table with the new
date ranges? thanks!