Allan

Default Excel Worksheets - search for 'tab'

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to do a search to go to a specific
worksheet in a workbook.
I have many worksheets (about 30) that are linked to others and I would like
to be able to search for the 'tab' name without scrolling allway across the
worksheet.
If it is possible how is it done please. Allan 280905

Roger Govier

Hi Allan

Right click on the scroll arrows to the left of the the first sheet tab and
you will see a list of all your sheet names. I don't have any workbooks with
30 sheets, so I haven't tested how many can be displayed without scrolling
this list.

Regards

Roger Govier

Allan wrote:
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to do a search to go to a specific
worksheet in a workbook.
I have many worksheets (about 30) that are linked to others and I would like
to be able to search for the 'tab' name without scrolling allway across the
worksheet.
If it is possible how is it done please. Allan 280905

Gord Dibben

Roger

Looks like 15 sheets and clickable "more sheets"

Tested with 2002 and 2003

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

Allan wrote:
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to do a search to go to a specific
worksheet in a workbook.
I have many worksheets (about 30) that are linked to others and I would like
to be able to search for the 'tab' name without scrolling allway across the
worksheet.
If it is possible how is it done please. Allan 280905

Roger Govier

Thanks Gord.
Too lazy to create the workbook myself and try it!!!
Now I know the answer.

Regards

Roger Govier

Allan wrote:

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to do a search to go to a specific
worksheet in a workbook.
I have many worksheets (about 30) that are linked to others and I would like
to be able to search for the 'tab' name without scrolling allway across the
worksheet.
If it is possible how is it done please. Allan 280905

David McRitchie

Hi Alan,
I would suggest sorting the worksheets no matter what you do, make
sure the the names are named so that sorting is helpful.
like dates of yyyy-mm-dd perhaps a prefix character k.pfkeys, k.shortcutkeyst
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel...#sortallsheets

To bypass "More Sheets" and get directly to all of the sheets
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel...htm#MoreSheets
thanks to Chip Pearson.

If you need help installing a macro see
---