Ann

Default Excel Invoice

How do you transfer data, such as name, address, date, hours, charge per
hour, and total charge, from an Excel spreadsheet to an Excel invoice
without copying and pasting?
Anne Troy

Hi, Ann. Try something like this:
http://www.officearticles.com/tutori...soft_excel.htm
Pay particular attention to the link in the 2nd bullet.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Ann" wrote in message
How do you transfer data, such as name, address, date, hours, charge per
hour, and total charge, from an Excel spreadsheet to an Excel invoice
without copying and pasting?

Ann

Anne,
Thanks for the info. I have a friend that has a spreadsheet for a small
moving business. What she wants is to fill out an invoice, receipt, or a
statement from her spreadsheet. She enters the info for each customer, and
then wants that info to be transferred to her forms, depending on which one
she needs to use. I don't think the example that I looked at using the
lookup function will work. She just wants the customer's data that they
moved to be transferred to an invoice or a receipt, depending whether they
paid the day of moving. After 30 days if they do not pay, she needs to send
a statement. Her forms are set up as templates, but can be placed in the
same workbook as the spreadsheet. You can set up the = function to place the
value of that cell in the form, but you would have to change the cell address
for each customer's form. I hope this gives you a better understanding of
what she is doing. We are not looking up any prices, just want info
transferred from the spreadsheet to the forms. Thanks for your help.
Ann

"Ann" wrote in message
How do you transfer data, such as name, address, date, hours, charge per
hour, and total charge, from an Excel spreadsheet to an Excel invoice
without copying and pasting?

Anne Troy

Aha. Mail merge, girlfriend. Mail merge! She can put, for instance, a column
for Date of Invoice. She does the mail merge and sends them and puts
"today's date" in there. Then, she can do another mail merge letter
"statement" and choose records where the invoice date is greater than 30
days ago.
http://www.officearticles.com/word/m...osoft_word.htm
She'll prolly need this link, too:

"Ann" wrote in message
How do you transfer data, such as name, address, date, hours, charge
per
hour, and total charge, from an Excel spreadsheet to an Excel invoice
without copying and pasting?

Ann

Anne,
Thanks again. Her statement, invoice, and receipt are in Excel so Mail
Merge will not work either. If you have any more ideas, I would appreciate
them.

"Ann" wrote in message
How do you transfer data, such as name, address, date, hours, charge
per
hour, and total charge, from an Excel spreadsheet to an Excel invoice
without copying and pasting?

Roger Govier

Hi Ann

I use Advanced Filter in a several applications to generate invoices from a
table of data containing lots of transactions with different customers on
different dates. I also use it for an Invoice / Statement, where it picks up
any amounts that have been paid during the time frame concerned.

Take a look at Debra Dalgleish's site for some clear instructions and
samples on how to use Advanced Filter, especially extracting to another sheet.
http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html#ExtractWs

Regards

Roger Govier