SeekingHelp

Default Day/Time Countdown

How can I set up a formula in Excel to countdown from NOW to a certain date
and time. i.e. the number of days, hours, and minutes between NOW and Oct 7.

Thanks!
Anne Troy

=NOW()-A1
Where 10/7/2005 is in A1.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"SeekingHelp" wrote in message
How can I set up a formula in Excel to countdown from NOW to a certain
date
and time. i.e. the number of days, hours, and minutes between NOW and Oct
7.

Thanks!

Sandy Mann

"Anne Troy" wrote in message
=NOW()-A1

That will return a negative number, I assume that you mean

=A1-NOW()

--
Regards

Sandy

Replace@mailinator with @tiscali.co.uk

"Anne Troy" wrote in message
=NOW()-A1
Where 10/7/2005 is in A1.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"SeekingHelp" wrote in message
How can I set up a formula in Excel to countdown from NOW to a certain
date
and time. i.e. the number of days, hours, and minutes between NOW and Oct
7.

Thanks!

Anne Troy

Actually, no. I meant it the way I said it. After all, NASA says "T minus
whatever". But, of course, either works just fine. :)
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Sandy Mann" wrote in message
"Anne Troy" wrote in message
=NOW()-A1

That will return a negative number, I assume that you mean

=A1-NOW()

--
Regards

Sandy

Replace@mailinator with @tiscali.co.uk

"Anne Troy" wrote in message
=NOW()-A1
Where 10/7/2005 is in A1.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"SeekingHelp" wrote in message
How can I set up a formula in Excel to countdown from NOW to a certain
date
and time. i.e. the number of days, hours, and minutes between NOW and
Oct 7.

Thanks!

Sandy Mann

NASA may be able to work with negative time but Excel can't unless the 1904
date syetm is selected which will change the date in A1 from 10/7/05 to
10/8/09 - but then you knew that <g

--

"Sandy Mann" wrote in message
"Anne Troy" wrote in message
=NOW()-A1

That will return a negative number, I assume that you mean

=A1-NOW()

--
Regards

Sandy

Replace@mailinator with @tiscali.co.uk

"Anne Troy" wrote in message
=NOW()-A1
Where 10/7/2005 is in A1.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"SeekingHelp" wrote in message
How can I set up a formula in Excel to countdown from NOW to a certain
date
and time. i.e. the number of days, hours, and minutes between NOW and
Oct 7.

Thanks!

Anne Troy

Duh. I never even looked, Sandy. I got negative nine days and something, and
never did the format when I tested the formula. Of course I know you can't
do negative in time in Excel (unless you're one of those two Mac users).
Would you believe I taught Advanced Excel to the US EPA. HEY!! I hear you
laughing!! CUT THAT OUT!! LOL!!
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Sandy Mann" wrote in message
"Anne Troy" wrote in message
=NOW()-A1

That will return a negative number, I assume that you mean

=A1-NOW()

--
Regards

Sandy