Amber

Default Invoice Numbering

How can I set up on invoice on excel to where I get automatic sequential
numbering each time the spreadsheet is opened?
Paul B

Amber,
A simple way would be to use something like this, call it form the workbook
open event.
Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Value = _
Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Value + 1

For other ways to do this or if this is going to be used in a temple have a
look here
http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"Amber" wrote in message
How can I set up on invoice on excel to where I get automatic sequential
numbering each time the spreadsheet is opened?

Anne Troy

Amber: Try the methods used in this workbook (or just use the workbook).
http://www.officearticles.com/downloads/invoices.zip
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Amber" wrote in message
How can I set up on invoice on excel to where I get automatic sequential
numbering each time the spreadsheet is opened?

Gord Dibben

Amber

See John McGimpsey's site for help on this.

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html

Gord Dibben Excel MVP