btek

Default How to sort time data?

I have hours worth of second by second data and need to sort it, but I only
need to see every 10 seconds. Is there an easier way than just either
deleting hundreds of rows or selecting them (copy and paste)? I am sure you
could also write a macro, but I am too familiar with those either.
Thank you,
wennerberg

I don't fully understand what you mean about "every 10 seconds", but
here is the general truth about times:
Times are numbers. If you can do something with a number, you can do
it with time, even if it doesn't make sense: AVERAGE, STANDARD
DEVIATION, MIN, MAX, ROUND, DIVIDE, etc.
...Except that time values cannot be negative numbers. If you do
something with time that results in negative, you get cell full of
#######.

--
wennerberg
wennerberg's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=7321

David McRitchie

If you have a header such as 'Time in cell B1 and the
times in the rest of column B you could use the following formula
in a helper column to find cells with seconds divisible by 10..
E2: =NOT(MOD(SECOND(B1),10))

then use Filter, Auto Filter on the helper column. for True
---
HTH,