SMILE

Default count

I have a row of data in which cell 'A' is having item code which is
repeating. what i need is to count each items.For eg.
1 2354
2 2333
4 2338
5 2354
6 2354
7 2338

I want the count for each item in another sheet like

2354 3
2333 1
2338 2

I don't wan to use subtotal. I have got five different item numbers

Can someone help me for this...
Thanks
Toms

--
SMILE
SMILE's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=4880

Thiem

Your list of all codes in Colum A u want to count, List of
your 5 product codes in Colum B and the Formula
=countif(A$1$:$A$?,B1) in colum C

Drag you formula down equal to number of codes in coloum b. Note, your
list of product numbers you want to count, in coloum B, must appear
only once.

? = last no of row number with an entry you want to count.

--
Thiem
Thiem's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27474