Dennis

Default Which SumProduct Sumif or VLookup?

Using XL 2003

Goal: Find those employees charging gas more than once a day.

Fields - Date EmpID Amount

Output: Filtered XL sheet and/or
a printed list of only those employees
with more than one gas purchase in a single day

-OR-

Conditional Formating (cell Color) for those meeting
the above criteria

I am not sure of the smartest approach to solve quickly.
or even the formulas.

There are 54,000 purchases by 6500 employees

Thanks Dennis

Bernard Liengme

How about a pivot table (see Help and come back with questions) with date in
left column and EmplID on top row with Amt COUNTED (Not summed) in the data
area?
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Dennis" wrote in message
Using XL 2003

Goal: Find those employees charging gas more than once a day.

Fields - Date EmpID Amount

Output: Filtered XL sheet and/or
a printed list of only those employees
with more than one gas purchase in a single day

-OR-

Conditional Formating (cell Color) for those meeting
the above criteria

I am not sure of the smartest approach to solve quickly.
or even the formulas.

There are 54,000 purchases by 6500 employees

Thanks Dennis

Dennis

Bernie,

Great idea. I switched the data so that I will not run out of columns.

I used conditional formatting to highlight those intersections of employee
and a value = 1.

How can I show just those employees with a value of 2 or more in any one of
62 days?