Andrew

Default Highlight Cells

I am dealing with a date of lets say 5/5/05 in Cell B6, and six months later
I want to be informed in Cell B7 of the Due Date (11/5/05) and Color change
of that cell (B7) to red. How do I do this???
Andrew

How do I counter my date???

"Don Guillett" wrote:

have a look at formatconditional formatput in an appropriate formula

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Andrew" wrote in message
I am dealing with a date of lets say 5/5/05 in Cell B6, and six months

later
I want to be informed in Cell B7 of the Due Date (11/5/05) and Color

change
of that cell (B7) to red. How do I do this???

Sloth

Explain yourself better.

The way you explained it you type in the first date (B6) and the due date
(B7), with the due date highlighted in red. To change the highlight simply
select the cell and either:

1. Click on the paint bucket button
or
2. Right click the cell and select Format Cells

I don't think this is what you want though, and I have to assume what you
might want. Most people know how to highlight a cell.

If you want to type in the first date (B6) and have a due date automatically
appear in B7 you need a formula. The value for B7 should something like
"=B6+180". This won't give you exactly 6 months but an average, 180 is the
number of days you are adding to the date (30 day per month average for six
months). Then you can highlight B7 like in the previous example.

I can also assume you want the highlight to only appear when you have past
the due date (wether you typed it in or are using a formula). To do this,
follow this procedure.

1. Highlight the range you want to apply the conditional formatting to. In
your example select B7.

2. Click on Format-Conditional Formatting

3. Select "Formula Is"

4. Type "=TODAY()<B7"
(no quotes)
(B7 is the top left cell in the range you selected.)

5. Click on format and select the formatting you want. highlight is in the
"patterns" tab.

"Andrew" wrote:

How do I counter my date???

"Andrew" wrote in message
I am dealing with a date of lets say 5/5/05 in Cell B6, and six months

later
I want to be informed in Cell B7 of the Due Date (11/5/05) and Color

change
of that cell (B7) to red. How do I do this???

Andrew

Thank you

"Sloth" wrote:

[...]

"Andrew" wrote: