Ruby
Wendy....5000 students

Special Students
----------------
Belle
Jane
Hazel
Ruby.... 60 students

I need to compare All students against Special Students.
If matched, mark such students in 'All'list so that deletion can be done
manually. If possible, automatically.

Can someone help me. My guess is that I have to use LookUp function.

Thanks

Nikki

assuming student names are in column A and special students names are in
column A in work sheet 2, you can use the following formula, it will insert
an X were there are special students and if you want to delete them from
original list you can sort the coulmn by X and delete those. Regards, Nikki

=IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(A3,Sheet2!$A$1:$A$17,1,FALSE)= TRUE),"","X")

"Centrol" wrote:

I have 2 list of data

All student
-----------
John
Peter
Mary
Anne
Belle
Cindy
Doreen
Ellen
Gerry
Jane
Hazel
Lynn
Kelly
Sally
Tani
Ruby
Wendy....5000 students

Special Students
----------------
Belle
Jane
Hazel
Ruby.... 60 students

I need to compare All students against Special Students.
If matched, mark such students in 'All'list so that deletion can be done
manually. If possible, automatically.

Can someone help me. My guess is that I have to use LookUp function.

Thanks

Centrol

Thanks Nikki. Got it!

"Nikki" wrote in message
assuming student names are in column A and special students names are in
column A in work sheet 2, you can use the following formula, it will
insert
an X were there are special students and if you want to delete them from
original list you can sort the coulmn by X and delete those. Regards,
Nikki

=IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(A3,Sheet2!$A$1:$A$17,1,FALSE)= TRUE),"","X")

"Centrol" wrote:

I have 2 list of data

All student
-----------