craigj

Default time calculations

I have a spreadsheet that 'looks like this'
(http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/7485/pay1cl.jpg) to be used for
calculating the hours I work.

The "normal", "evening" and "premium" hours refer to 0600-1800,
1800-0000, 0000-0600, respectively.

The formula for F6 would be:
=IF(B6<E6,MIN(E6,1800)-MAX(B6,600),1800-B6)
(not taking into account the break)

How would I change this formula to deal with the breaks and hence what
would be the correct formula for the evening and premium hours.

Sorry, I'm having a real hard time getting my head round this.

--
craigj
craigj's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27355

Bob Phillips

Aren't you missing the formulae for overtime and premium hours?

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"craigj" wrote in
message ...

I have a spreadsheet that 'looks like this'
(http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/7485/pay1cl.jpg) to be used for
calculating the hours I work.

The "normal", "evening" and "premium" hours refer to 0600-1800,
1800-0000, 0000-0600, respectively.

The formula for F6 would be:
=IF(B6<E6,MIN(E6,1800)-MAX(B6,600),1800-B6)
(not taking into account the break)

How would I change this formula to deal with the breaks and hence what
would be the correct formula for the evening and premium hours.

Sorry, I'm having a real hard time getting my head round this.

--
craigj
craigj's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=470552

craigj

Bob Phillips Wrote:
Aren't you missing the formulae for overtime and premium

Yes, I am. I don't know what the formula is. The formulae you provided
previously don't work, other than the one for regular hours.